|| About the BCCA |
BCCA, Inc., is a non-profit, tax exempt
501(c)(3) public charitable organization.
Tax ID number: 05-0548309
BCCA (CCCA in Cambridge) works to establish and manage new arts facilities and integrated programs for the common goal of bringing education and opportunities in the arts to communities nationally. This provides positive options to inner city children and adults who get to learn how to use their abilities and cultivate their talents through music, film-making, acting, world dance forms, martial arts, fitness, visual arts, technology, and science.
Our main focus is to present opportunities for talented students to interact, learn, and be inspired by established artists as their mentors, in order to achieve their full artistic, intellectual, social, cultural, and physical potential. An ongoing collaboration with community outreach organizations extends our ability to make a difference in the community by providing young people safe places to learn and grow. Through guidance and positive reinforcement, we support their needs to rise above challenges by utilizing creative outlets to express themselves in productive ways.
The art centers offer education, practice and performance facilities, instructor training and new teaching opportunities for artists and students. We host community events and provide performance opportunities for emerging talents to showcase their progress and collaborate with established artists as role models.
Through the use of multimedia, telecommunication, and Internet technology, we promote the pursuit of thriving careers and contribute to the creation of an extended network of artists and institutions in all different social and economic communities locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Enrich the community by preserving, sharing, increasing awareness, expanding, and promoting the diverse cultural heritage of the community members of Boston and its surroundings, outreaching to create and renew ties with the extended communities around the world, while providing a home for local art endeavors.
- Provide a welcoming, safe, and secure environment for arts educators and students, and for people in general, to share cultures, become more confident with their own identities, and explore new and foreign art forms.
- Expand and better the artistic, community, and educational scene, and promote the well being of people of all ages and abilities through the use and integration of moving, visual, and musical creative arts, theatre and film, and the combination of folk and ethnic, recreational, and artistic forms of expression.
- Teach music, musical composition, and computer-based music sequencing to at-risk youth. Through consistent and focused mentorship and lessons, programs foster an environment conducive to the development of valuable skills, individual and group identity, and a sense of self-efficacy. Program participants become engaged with music and music-making, which not only detracts from time spent engaging in risky behaviors, but gives them a venue to discover and use their own “genuine voices.”
- Educate and empower aspiring talent and entrepreneurs by providing them with the information and tools necessary to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
- Provide children training and performance opportunities, while giving each child the capability to apply the techniques learned to enrich their daily lives.
- Establish a friendly, stable, comfortable, non-competitive environment, which enables everyone to join in, share, and express his or her creativity.
- Recognize student achievements by providing them opportunities to perform and record with acclaimed artists, as part of the “Share Our Stage,” “Creative Kids,” and “StarsOutreach” programs.
- Provide fully furnished facilities for community events, recreational activities, rehearsals, and recitals.
- Provide a network of professional and marketing services, educational tools and customized workshops, to empower both aspiring and experienced arts educators.
- Provide modern audio, visual, and computerized systems to enhance and extend the traditional studio environment, making it accessible to a wider range of clients and educators.
- Create a network of artists around the world whose interaction is facilitated by video conferencing and live cable, satellite, and Internet broadcasts.
- Help promote, plan, and provide logistical support for fundraising events by other organizations that benefit educational, artistic, and social programming.